Pregnant and advised to take FOL 123. Is it safe?

my wife is 14 weeks pregnant & was advised to take FOL 123 capsules daily once,please advise if its ok
Posted Sun, 20 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
FOL capsules are essential in pregnancy

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Health Care Magic

FOL 123 capsules are vitamin supplement tablets containing folic acid and Vitamin B12.
These vitamin supplements are very much essential in the initial months of pregnancy for the optimal development of baby in the uterus of mother. Hence fol capsules or similar tablets are prescribed especially in the first 3-4 months of pregnancy and these can be continued throughout pregnancy without any harm.

So please do continue Fol capsules as advised by your treating doctor.

Take Care.
Hope I have answered your query.
Thank you