Pregnant, advised duphaston, Docosahexaenoic acid, methylcobalamin, folic acid, TVS done, had amenorrhea, Intrauterine Insemination conception. Advise?

Question
Hi Doctor,

My wife is pregnant and is in her 9th week of pregnancy. She has been currently advised below medicine for another 20 days..(10days already complete)

1) Duphaston - Dydrogesterone Tablets BP 10mg

2) DOCOSA-fM : Capsules of DOCOSAHEXAENOIC ACID, METHYLCOBALAMIN, FOLIC ACID & PYRIDOXINE HYDROCHLORIDE.
Company name: Indospectrum Pharmaceuticles Private limited.

Seek your opinion on the above.

Her age 29, Weight 65, height 5'5"
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in Pregnancy
Follow-up: Pregnant, advised duphaston, Docosahexaenoic acid, methylcobalamin, folic acid, TVS done, had amenorrhea, Intrauterine Insemination conception. Advise? 10 minutes later
Below is the letter given by the doctor after scanning. I stay in XXXXXXX and the treatment and scanning was done in Manglore. Now we are back to Mumbai. Doctor told us to XXXXXXX the new for scanning again after 5 week. We are not sure if we should wait so long and then consult a new doctor in XXXXXXX

8th Nov 2011
Mrs. XXXXXXX XXXXXXX a primigravida at 48 days of amenorrhoea, conceived after Intrauterine Insemination.

TVS done on 08/11/11 showed a single intrauterine gestational sac with cardiac activity, ~7weeks 1 day.

Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 8 hours later

Regarding the medicines prescribed by your doctor, Duphaston is progesterone hormone to support the pregnancy and Docosa-fM is a multivitamin. Both are safe in pregnancy and often prescribed by doctors. Your first scan is normal so doctor's advice for repeat scan after 5 weeks is fine. Repeat scan is a basic scan and I believe facility is easily available at XXXXXXX and of course in Mumbai. You can consult a new doctor in XXXXXXX if you do not want to wait in Mumbai, both are good options.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries, if any. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.