Pregnant. Will the abortion have any future ability to conceive?

May 2013
Hi , I am 26 years old. and moved to Seattle USA one month back . yesterday i discovered that i am 4 weeks pregnant after the test.. This is an unplanned pregnancy and i am not at all ready for parenthood. This is my first conception. I am planning to have an abortion but i am scared about its effects on my future ability to conceive. I have the following questions regarding that.
1.Will the abortion have any future ability to conceive?
2.I have heard that in US abortions are discouraged and there are lot fewer good hospitals for it. So will it be good idea to fly back to India where I personally know the specialist?
Please note that i have 28 days long regular healthy menstrual cycle.
Posted Fri, 3 Aug 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 38 minutes later
Thanks for the query. you are just 4 weeks pregnant you can go for medical termination of pregnancy means with tablets,
you have to confirm intrauterine pregnancy and rule out ectopic pregnancy by ultrasound before that,
as possibly you are not going surgical procedures like D&C the further problems like pelvic inflammatory disease, uterine adhesions etc can be avoided,

medical termination can lead to irregularity of cycles, but that will subside soon,
with only one abortion there may not be much effect on fertility but repetition of these things to be avoided,

2.before planning to coming to India you just verify once in your city regarding the possibility of doing abortion, if you feel that it is difficult there, you can come to India and consult your doctor, you better once talk to her before planning to fly back.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
Follow-up: Pregnant. Will the abortion have any future ability to conceive? 52 minutes later
Hi thanks. And i am flying back to india on coming Wednesday. Can you recommend me some good hospitals in Bangalore or shimoga ??? This would be very helpful and much appreciated.
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 11 hours later
I am here giving link of good hospitals in Bangalore,
you can consult in shimoga also where you know doctors better, as medical termination of pregnancy is not a major problem your local gynecologists can also deal with.

Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.