Pregnant. Why does she feel empty stomach? Why does she have runny nose, fever. Is it miscarriage symptom?

My wife is pregnant (94 days since LMP).
For the past 3,4 days she feeling empty stomac. No cramping, No back ache, No leg pain but shez tired.
She used to feel a kind of filled stomac. But now, thats not the case. Shez feeling a very normal in fact an empty stomac. Is it a problem?
So, shez lil worried about the growth of the child and miscarriage.

She is also having running nose and lil fever. Her doctor has prescribed some tablets for 3 days and shez consuming it. Will there be any problem in taking such tablets during pregnancy?

A very common question, is it ok to have intercourse after 90 days?

Thanks and br, XXXXXXX
Posted Mon, 11 Jun 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 39 minutes later

First of all congratulations to the parents to be.

I do not see any reason to worry.

1. Feeling of emptiness in stomach has nothing to do with growth of child or other problem.

The reason for such feeling may due to some stomach disturbances, some changes in diet etc.

2. She can take tablets for fever and cold. I hope you have shared the information of pregnancy with the treating doctor so that he could have given medicines accordingly.

Fever should not be ignored during pregnancy and treatment is must. Please complete the treatment as advised.

3. Yes, you can have sexual relations provided she is not having any complains and your doctor has not said no for this. In presence of any problem doctor himself will say no, if not instructed you can go for it.

Please use positions in which there no undue pressure on her abdomen. Just avoid too much of excitement and maintain good local hygiene.

In general

>Keep regular follow up with your gynecologist.
>Give her good diet
>Ask her to take proper rest
>Discuss with your doctor about supplementation of iron and calcium.

Please do not ignore:
>pain in abdomen
>any spotting or bleeding from vagina

I hope this helps.

Please write again if you have something more to ask.

In case you do not have further query, please accept the answer.

Wishing you all the best for time to come.