Pregnant. What diet should be taken?

May 2013

i am in my second trimester of my pregnancy(20th week), i wanted to know what is the healthy diet to be followed from now on? i am a Vegetarian.

Posted Thu, 29 Nov 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 43 minutes later

During 20 weeks you have to take around 2,200 calories per day.
Your diet should include carbohydrates, proteins, some amount of fats, vegetables, fruits, milk etc.
The add power containing vitamin supplements, DHA etc which will be useful to the baby. Commercial products like mothers horlicks etc are having these now a days.
Take plenty of water.
Restrict salt, oily food intake as per as possible, avoid fast foods.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
Follow-up: Pregnant. What diet should be taken? 7 minutes later
Hi Doctor,

Thanks a lot for your suggestions.
Is it ok to have dry fruits at this time (Cashewnut, Badam, Walnut, Raisins, Pista)?
is it good for my health?

What kind of exercises can i take up now?Also is it good to sit down(on floor) now?

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 5 hours later

Dry fruits are XXXXXXX in proteins. You can take them.
Soaked Badam is much better than normal one.
During pregnancy you can practice exercises like:
Walking, water aerobics, kegels exercises etc.
Reference: WWW.WWWW.WW But remember you have to do the exercises only till you feel comfortable doing them.
If any discomfort, pain abdomen, spotting etc occurs stop that procedure.
Better to consult your doctor once and take her opinion before starting exercises.

Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.