Pregnant. What are the findings in the report?

Mar 2016

i have uploaded my recent report please check as everything is fine or not,Im 8 month pregnanet
Posted Sat, 25 May 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. S Patra 2 hours later

Here, I do not see or get any of your uploaded reports. Please try again to upload your all reports in the follow up section.

Waiting for your response & reports.

Dr Soumen
Follow-up: Pregnant. What are the findings in the report? 23 hours later
HI uploaded please check
Answered by Dr. S Patra 2 hours later

Thanks for uploading your reports.

I have checked every details of the report. According to report, you have low serum B12 level (below the normal range). It may indicate presence of autoimmune disease, megaloblastic anemia, psychological or neurological factors, inadequate dietary intake, malabsorption etc.

Here, you need to consult with your obstetrician for a complete health check up and relevant investigations if needed. It helps to rule out pathological condition. Peripheral blood smear examination and Schilling test are additional tests to detect megaloblastic anemia. Supportive medication is advisable in such case.

You need to take vitamin B12 supplements (as cyanocobalamin or methylcobalamin) on regular basis. Along with dietary food stuffs like meat, poultry, fish, seafood, eggs and dairy product are essential to combat vitamin B12 deficiency. Repeat blood test is needed after 4 weeks.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions, I will be happy to help.

For any future query, you can directly ask me by viewing this page WWW.WWWW.WW
Wish your good health and successful motherhood.

Dr Soumen