Pregnant. Wanted to abort. Could I take misoprostal and suggest the dosage?

Hi Dr, My wife is pregnant now. we want to miss carriage it . Now exactly 11 days after missed period. shall she take misoprostal kit?. The kit contains 5 tablets. please let me know the procedure to take the tablet
Posted Mon, 2 Sep 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Deepti Goyal 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No try at home, Under supervision of HCP

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX thanks for asking on XXXXXXX

No, do not even try it, as it might result in torrential bleeding and your wife might fell into a life threatening situation.

In this situation I would suggest you to first have an Ultrasound to locate the exact position of pregnancy which will determine the further course of action. Afterwards consult a proper doctor (Gynaecologist) in your area and take prescribed medications under her/his supervision only.

Good Luck
Hope this information is helpful and informative.
If you have further queries you can directly reach out to me on the following URL: