Pregnant. Used nystatin and triamcinolone acetonide cream for yeast infection. Any harm to foetus?

May 2013
I am 9 weeks pregnant and used one small dose of nystatin and triamcinolone acetonide cream for a yeast infection. Have I harmed the fetus?
Posted Fri, 25 Oct 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
category C drug in pregnancy

Detailed Answer:
Nystatin with triamcinolone cream belongs to category C drugs in pregnancy according to FDA.
Means animal studies shown possibility of teratogenic effect but sufficient human studies are lacking.
As you used only for shorter period, there may not be any possible adverse effects on the baby.
But better to undergo regular antenatal checkups and ultrasound examinations to detect any possible abnormality at the earliest.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion.