Pregnant. Ultrasound showed single gestationa sac identified in central uterine cavity. Noticed spotting. Guide?

Infertility Specialist
Question
Helo Doctor,

Currently, I am pregnant with six week 2 days by today i.e 11th August. on 9th August , I did a ultrasound and it shows a single gestationa sac identified in central uterine cavity with measures 07x07x06mms i.e sac diameter of 6.6 mms. corresponding to POG of 5 weeks + 2 days where as per my last LMP i.e 28 XXXXXXX 2013, I am running exactly 6 weeks on the day of my ultra sound i.e on 9th Juen. there is no fetal pole of yolk sac is identified yet.

my problem: yester day i.e 10th XXXXXXX i found spotted in my underwear as a form of discharge in merroon red colour ..its like a thread...also after pee i checked with cloth and found a ligth spotted blood. In the night also a got a little stomach pain. But in the morning i don't find any spotting and no stomach pain also, still i contacted my doctor and my doctor suggested me to take Sylate 500 mg thrice daily for three time . I am worried , whether is it safe for my baby . pl. advice me.
Posted Fri, 30 Aug 2013 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 13 minutes later

I have read your query & I understand your concerns.

Following is my reply:

1) Dont worry about the medicines as your doctor is right.

2) Please get serum betahCG blood test to correlate with the scan.

3) You should be able to see gestational sac along with fetal pole by now. Please get TVS scan done again to check.

4) As far as bleeding is concerned supportive medication what you are receving are enough.

I hope I answered your query. I will be available for any followup queries you have.

Dr.Mahesh Koregol
IVF & Infertility Specialist.

Follow-up: Pregnant. Ultrasound showed single gestationa sac identified in central uterine cavity. Noticed spotting. Guide? 54 minutes later
Thank you so much doctor for your promt answer. I have not yet started sylate 500 mg , was waiting for your answer. Is sylate 500 mg safe for my pregnancy as it is my frist pregnancy.So, should i start it now. I got married only in this december i.e 2012 and its a natural pregnancy. My doctor advice me to got for ultrasound next week once again.

waiting for your resonse !!

best regards
XXXXX
Follow-up: Pregnant. Ultrasound showed single gestationa sac identified in central uterine cavity. Noticed spotting. Guide? 4 hours later
Doctor ,
My concern is ;
1. whether sylate 500 mg thrice daily is safe for my baby or not ?
2. should i start taking sylate ...even though i have seen spotting only yesterday night after that no spotting till date.

1) Since now there is no bleeding, no need to take the tablet. Wait. It is not completely safe. But if there is possibility of pregnancy loss, your doctor has adviced it to save your pregnancy by stopping bleeding.

2) Get serum beta hCG done as a reference to compare later.

3) Check for fetal pole and cardiac activity in next ultrasound visit.

Dr, Mahesh Koregol

Follow-up: Pregnant. Ultrasound showed single gestationa sac identified in central uterine cavity. Noticed spotting. Guide? 37 minutes later
Thanks you XXXXXXX much for your response. howerve,I have already taken one tablet hope it is safe...now i can stop untill i am once again spotting...is it right ?

best regards

since you have already taken, nothing can be done about it. You can stop now if there is no further bleeding. If there is spotting again, please see your doctor for a scan.