Pregnant. Ultrasound showed normal. Noticed spotting. Is this normal?

I am XXXXXX i am 6 week pregnant, nd i am dne with my scanning ,where the reports are normal and could see the babby's heart beat in the scanning. today i saw blood in my pantee and is this normal or not?
Posted Sun, 5 Aug 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 20 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
Vaginal bleeding can occur frequently in the first trimester of pregnancy and may not be a sign of problems. Bleeding affects 20%-30% of all pregnancies.
Vaginal bleeding in the first trimester of pregnancy can be caused by several different factors, like threatened miscarriage, bleeding may also be caused by reasons unrelated to pregnancy. For example, trauma or tears to the vaginal wall may bleed, and some infections may cause bleeding. After intercourse some women may bleed because the cervix is very tender and sensitive. You should discontinue intercourse until you have been seen by your doctor.
All bleeding associated with early pregnancy should prompt a call to your health care provider for immediate evaluation. So i advice you to see the consulting OBG specialist for through examination as one should not take any chances during pregnanvy
Hope I have provided the information you needed.
Wish you good health. Take care.