Pregnant. Ultrasound not showed gestational sac. Fluctuating HCG levels. Diagnosed with missed abortion. Am I still pregnant?

I should be 10 weeks Pregnant(LMP 4/21/12) I've had four ultrasounds. First one the did not see even a gestational sac a couple weeks later they saw a gestational sac estimated to be 5w5d. They questionably saw a yolk an fetal Pole. I got hcg levels checked and the first one came up to be 0000 something and in 48hours only went uP to closE to 0000. 72 hours later they dropped to 0000. Then they diagnosed me with missed abortion. After this diagnos my numbers droPped to 0000 in a week. 24 hours after they were 0000 they went back uP to 0000. What is th cause of this? And could Pregnancy still be viable?
Posted Mon, 23 Jul 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 44 minutes later
Sudden decrease in the hcg levels is suggestive of a missed abortion.
The mild increase in the levels that you have noted might be due to a false rise due to hormonal irregularity, inadequate uterine lining, uterine abnormalities both congenital or acquired like fibroids, low hormone levels, luteal phase defect or certain infections. In such cases sometimes placental tissue formed releases some Hcg causing a false rise.
Potential treatments include vitamin B6 (at least 50mg a day), progesterone cream, and baby asprin. Be sure to discuss potential treatments with your doctor.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Pregnant. Ultrasound not showed gestational sac. Fluctuating HCG levels. Diagnosed with missed abortion. Am I still pregnant? 9 minutes later
Can having a tilted uterus cause a misdiagnosis or miscarrage? And can hcg levels decrease and plataue around ten weeks?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 10 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
Tilted uterus is not likely ot affect the diagnosis or cause the miscarriage.
After an abortion, the hcg levels come down slowly and fall to undetectable levels over 3-4 weeks even after a suction evacuation has been done.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.