Pregnant. Ultrasound normal. Getting abdominal pain, back pain and pressure near uterus. Normal?

Excellent
Question
i'm 17th week pregnant and from last 1.5 years i have a back problem, but after taking medicines i was ok till few months back. But now again back pain starts.

The problems which i'm facing -

1) can't walk properly
2) pain on right side (abdomen)
3) pain while changing sides while sleeping
4) pain/pressure near uterus area
5) while sitting i can feel the pressure/pain near uterus

I had a ultrasound few days back and everything seems perfectly fine. But i still wanted to check whether this pain is because of my back pain.

XXXXXXX
Posted Sun, 17 Feb 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 51 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX

Good to know that baby is growing well.

Your symptom of backache is very common symptom of pregnancy.
On an average 80% of pregnant women experience lower back pain.

Causes could be:
1.Poor Posture
2.Extra Weight
3.Hormonal change during pregnancy. During pregnancy, your body starts producing a hormone called relaxin. This hormone loosens the ligaments and joints that attach pelvic bones to your spine.
4.Changes in Pelvic Organs: main reason for discomfort in lower back pain. They cause pain in either side of lower back especially while walking.
5.Stretching of Ligaments.

All your above symptoms are normal phenomenon. This is meant for preparing your body for several changes that will occur in the entire process of pregnancy.
You should be happy that your body is reacting to the chances occurring during pregnancy.

I recommend you to
1. use hot water bags for symptomatic pain relief.
2. Avoid medications.
3. Start Iron tablets since you have not yet started.
4. Eat healthy balanced diet.
5. Maintain good posture
6. Practice yoga as it will give some relief to back ache.
7. Be stress free and enjoy your pregnancy as all these symptoms will disappear once you deliver.

Hope I have answered all your queries. You can get back to me anytime for further clarifications.

regards,
Dr Nilofer

Follow-up: Pregnant. Ultrasound normal. Getting abdominal pain, back pain and pressure near uterus. Normal? 1 hour later
Thanks a ton doctor.

XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 14 minutes later
Thanks for your prompt reply.

I will be available anytime for further clarifications.
Take care and my good wishes.

Dr Nilofer

PS: Please close this discussion if you have no other queries. I will appreciate if you could write your reviews too.

Follow-up: Pregnant. Ultrasound normal. Getting abdominal pain, back pain and pressure near uterus. Normal? 39 minutes later
One more query doctor.

I have cold so can i use inhaler and take tea also?

XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 9 minutes later
Hello XXXXXXX

Keep yourself warm.
You can use your steam inhaler.
Avoid medications.
Avoid Tea as far as possible. One cup of tea is fine per day.

My good wishes with you.

Dr Nilofer