Pregnant. Took flucanzole. Safe?

Hi , just found out that I am 5 weeks pregnant . the problem is I took two 150 mg doses of flucanzole drug after I conceived in two weeks gap unknowingly .

Pls help .
Posted Tue, 11 Jun 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 47 minutes later
Ideally no drug should be taken in first trimester of pregnancy.
Fluconazole is category C drug means in animal studies it may cause teratogenic effect on fetus, but in human being it is under trial.
As you have already taken two doses now stop it & get Ultrasound scan done at 11 weeks & 20 weeks to rule out any fetal abnormality.
I hope your query ahs been answered. I will be available for your further queries.
Dr. Monika
Follow-up: Pregnant. Took flucanzole. Safe? 6 minutes later
I hope it does not effect the baby . can you please help me with any other advice which will stop the effect of this drug on the baby as drinking water .

Its too early for me .

Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 4 hours later
Welcome back.
Fetal organ formation completes in early 7 weeks & you have completed 5 weeks, So it is not too early for you.
Now if there occurs any drug effect can not be stopped.
Hope for the best & get your usg scan done as previously advised.
All the best
Dr Monika