Pregnant. Took duvadilan for stomach ache. Itchy rashes appeared. Any advice?

My wife is in her 37th week of pregnancy and suddenly has rashes and severe itching; in the night so far (@2:55 am), she has been able to sleep only for around an hour only. She had taken 1 duvadilan 10mg yesterday afternoon for stomach pain.
Kindly advise.
Posted Sat, 30 Mar 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rishma Lakhani 10 hours later
Probably this could be the reaction of injection duvadilan which she had taken yesterday, but other causes of rashes and itching needs to be ruled out.
If the itching is very severe she can take anti-allergic tablets like levocetrizine.
I would advise her to go for a few blood tests like CBC with platelet count, LFT.
Review with these reports.
Better to XXXXXXX your OBGYN there to know about the status of baby. And see to it that she does not get temperature.
It could be due to Cholestasis of pregnancy or viral fever's early sign or a reaction to duvadilan.
Let’s see what the blood reports are like.
You can send me the reports, or consult your OBGYN with the reports.
Take care and don't worry everything would be fine. All the best.