Pregnant. Took 5mls of ovex for thread worm. Will it harm an unborn?

Hi I am 4 weeks Pregnant and I have took 5mls of ovex for thread worm could this harm my baby?
Posted Sat, 22 Dec 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Taking Ovex is not recommended in pregnancy.
It is a Category C drug which means that it may not be safe to use during pregnancy but since you have already taken it, you can go for a level II scan at 18 weeks to detect any fetal anomalies.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.