Pregnant. Thyroid test done, shows free T4, TSH third generatin. Will these thyroid levels effect the fetus?

Hi, I am XXXXXXX F 28 and G2,P1,L1 .I am 3 months pregnant.Today i had a thyroid test and the results are as follows:
FREE T4 -1.08ng/dl;TSH 3rd Generatin(hs TSH)-7.27 mIu/ml.
Does it indicate any thyroid problems if so is it safe for the baby?let me know the details regarding this.I didnt have this during my 1st pregnancy.
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 42 minutes later

Your tsh levels are above normal range. That means that you have hypothyroidism. Your thyroid gland isnt producing enough hormone. You will need to take medication for that. In pregnancy its important that your thyroid levels are under control,because it may affect the developing fetus. You will need to take eltroxin and the dosage has to be adjusted according to your tsh levels.You should see your OB for the prescription.
It may or may not have been there in your previous pregnancy.
Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.