Pregnant. Testes negative for HbSAg and VDRL. On pregicitil 200. Taking tablets for cold. Any complications?

Dermatologist
Question
1. Im from India,wife is pregnant,60th day she did hivI and II which is negative,HbSAg negative and VDRL test is non reactive.

2. she is taking pregicitil 200(progesterone soft gelatin tablets) and vitalin 800.

3. Around 8th week she had cold for which we took simple cold tablets. she is a healthy person

My question is are these tests conclusive( %) and to which generation the test belong considering she did these tests in July 2012,India

Thank You
Posted Sun, 19 Aug 2012 in HIV and AIDS

Answered by Dr. P V S Prasad 2 hours later
Hello
I thank u for yr query
1. The reliability of labs are known to referring doctors
2. As all tests are XXXXXXX there is no need to worry about
3. Tests may be repeated only if there is a clinical suspicion of venereal disease in the patient
4. All tests are d6one routinely in pregnancy
5. You may apprehend only if something is positive
6. Repeating the tests will spoil gfamily harmony
Hence believe the tests and be happy
Thanks and good day
Prasad pvs

Follow-up: Pregnant. Testes negative for HbSAg and VDRL. On pregicitil 200. Taking tablets for cold. Any complications? 19 minutes later
Also i was looking at HIV specialist
Just wanted to check if 60th day results are good enough.
many sites talk about people getting detected by 8weeks(by 60th day)
only people with weak immune system/critically ill people take longer time
Thank You

Answered by Dr. P V S Prasad 14 hours later
In non infective or normal patient two months results are good enough. if necessary only it may be repeated at three months depending on examination findings.
i hope I have your point clear.
thanks for opportunity
if there are any more queries Feel free to ask
good day XXXXXXX Pvs

Follow-up: Pregnant. Testes negative for HbSAg and VDRL. On pregicitil 200. Taking tablets for cold. Any complications? 2 days later
Dear Doctor

Thank you very much for the answer.

What is "Normal patient"mean( little confused)

Incase someone is infected,and he is a normal healthy person will it not reflect by 60th day. Hence 60th day results will be a good indication or not.

Can we conclude that 60th day results for HIV test(in our case came negative) are a good indicator.

Pls help with your comments.

Answered by Dr. P V S Prasad 23 hours later
Hello
I meant XXXXXXX in non infective normal person" and should not be read as normal patient. Sorry for the mis interpretation and typing error. thanks for pointing out.
I want to convince you that the tests are absolutely indicative of healthy status at this juncture.
even at 60 days the tests are reliable.
thanks
Prasad PVS