Pregnant. Taking synthroid. Started feeling cold. Should I increase dose of synthroid?

I'm 6 1/2 weeks pregnant taking 50 mg Synthroid. TSH is 2.38, T3 and 4 fine. I am cold often right now. It is possible I need a bit more Synthroid?
Posted Fri, 24 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 41 minutes later

Thanks for sharing your health concerns.

Your lab tests indicate that your thyroid is functioning normally; other causes for your symptoms could be considered for the symptoms including blood pressure changes, hormonal changes related to pregnancy, etc. It is likely that you a on the right amount of thyroid replacement.

Hope this is useful, wish you the best help.

Dr Brenes Salazar
Mayo Clinic