Pregnant. Taken Miferpristone. After how many hours can I take the second dose?

Mar 2013
I HAVE 5 WEEKS PREGNANCY . I HAVE TAKEN ONE TABLET OF Miferpristone Tablet. I just want to know that after how much time i can take second dose of two Misoprostol tablets and third dose of two Misoprostol Tablets.
Posted Fri, 14 Jun 2013 in Abortion and Stillbirth
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 25 minutes later
Thanks for your query
Medical abortion pill is indicated for the medical termination of intrauterine pregnancy up to 63 days of gestation. For purposes of this treatment, pregnancy is dated from the first day of the last menstrual period in a presumed 28 days cycle with ovulation occurring at mid-cycle.
The duration of pregnancy may be determined from menstrual history and by clinical examination. Ultrasonographic scan should be used if the duration of pregnancy is uncertain, or if ectopic pregnancy is suspected.
It is a must to undergo medical abortion under medical supervision.
This is essential because a gynecologist will assess the gestational age of the embryo , diagnose any possible ectopic pregnancies, and will be able to provide surgical intervention in cases of incomplete abortion or severe bleeding, or have made plans to provide such care through others, and be able to assure the patient access to medical facilities equipped to provide blood transfusions and resuscitation, if necessary.
The dosage is mifepristone 200 mg orally followed 1–3 days later by misoprostol 800 mcg
(4 tablets of 200 mcg) vaginally. The misoprostol may be administered by a clinician or
self-administered by the woman. For women at 49–63 days of gestation, if abortion has not occurred 4 hours after administration of misoprostol, a second dose of misoprostol 400 mcg
(2 tablets of 200 mcg) may be administered vaginally or orally (depending upon preference and amount of bleeding).
The patient should return for a follow-up visit approximately 14 days after the administration of mifepristone. This visit is very important to confirm by clinical examination or ultrasonographic scan that a complete termination of pregnancy has occurred.
Different regimens exist - you should consult your gynecologist for exact dosage. A common one prescribed is to take two tablets of Misoprostol per vaginally after 24 hours, and 2 more orally after 48 hours of initial Mifepristone.
However, it is illegal and unwise to take the drugs based on online advice.
take care.