Pregnant. Suggestion?

Hi Doctor,

I am now 4weeks and 6 days pregnant, I got positive pregnancy test. Please help me in next step of what I should do
Posted Sun, 4 Aug 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Prasad 6 hours later
Congratulations!!! I hope you are planning to continue with this pregnancy.

If you plan to continue the pregnancy, you need to start be started on folic acid supplement in the dose of 5mg per day. Folic acid is available in India as "Tablet Folvite 5mg" - you can take this one tablet a day for the next 3 months. You also need to get your blood sugar, hemoglobin, TSH level, HbsAg, VDRL and HIV test done. Early ultrasound scan at around 5-6 weeks is also advised.

The entire list is routine tests done during the first antenatal check up. You can visit a gynecologist nearby. He/she can examine your general condition and can write for the test.

Avoid strenuous physical activities. Avoid uncooked or partially cooked non-vegetarian food including seafood and eggs. Include plenty of iron and calcium XXXXXXX food in your diet.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need further assistance.

Best Regards