Pregnant. Suffer light nausea and sharp abdominal pain. Also low grade fever. Help?

Hello, I am on my 8th week of pregnancy, This is my first child, and I haven't seen a doctor or had an ultrasound yet. My pregnancy has gone very smooth with only light nausea, and some sharp abdominal pains that I assumed were normal, until yesterday evening. I started have a lot of blood mixed in my stool during bowl movements, not just a little or some on the toilet paper, almost completely red stool. And severe nausea and vomiting since yesterday evening. I can't keep any food down anymore and every second I'm battling the urge to vomit. I've also been running a low grade fever since yesterday. I have no health insurance but I am working on getting it soon. Please help...
Posted Wed, 31 Jul 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 39 minutes later
Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX After analyzing your symptoms I feel you are suffering from acute gastroenteritis. Along with this you might be having haemorrhoids (piles-which is common during pregnancy). As the nausea and vomitting is severe (hyperemesis gravidarum), you need urgent evaluation, I even suggest you to get admitted.
First and foremost you need Intavenous fluids, injection to stop vomitting, and if it is gastroenteritis I even suggest antibiotics. Along with this some blood, urine ketone and stool investigation.
Also a obstetric scan to see fetal viability and rule out multiple pregnancy, molar pregnancy and ectopic.
Meanwhile drink lot of fluids, drink lots of water, you can try taking Vitamin B6 and doxylamine — Vitamin B6 supplements can reduce symptoms of mild to moderate nausea.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow-ups. If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well. Please do not forget to accept it.
Thank you,
Wish you good health.
Dr Arif
You can consult me again directly through my profile