Pregnant. Started vomiting frequently. Suggest medicine to stop vomiting

Mar 2016

HI my wiffe pregnant 3rd month,and getting vomiting frquently. can you please suggest medicine to stop vomiting
Posted Sat, 16 Feb 2013 in Getting Pregnant
Answered by Dr. S Patra 43 minutes later

Thanks for writing to us. I am giving answer to your query.

Nausea & vomiting is quite common thing in early weeks of pregnancy and it may extend up to 4 months. In case of severe vomiting or hyperemesis gravidarum, you wife may need medical attention or hospitalization. To combat mild to moderate nausea/vomiting, she can take medication like doxinate after consulting with her Obstetrician.

Follow some basic things for healthy pregnancy.

1) Take Healthy protein XXXXXXX diet with extra 350 Kcal/day than usual and eat leafy vegetables & fresh fruits.
2) Drink lots of fluid/water to stay hydrated & for better feto-placental circulation.
3) Take dry food preferably puffed rice or other to avoid the tendency of nausea.
4) Take an adequate bed rest and preferably 8-10 hrs daily in divided schedule.
5) Try to avoid stress/tension/emotional upset by regular XXXXXXX breathing.
6) Main personal hygiene including breast & genital care with proper washing.
7) Do periodic check up as per schedule with ultrasound scan to assess growth & development of fetus.
8) Take Iron/calcium supplements from 16 weeks onwards, Two doses of TT in the 2nd trimester and complete all necessary investigations.
9) Periodic measurement of Weight gain and BP. 10-12 kg weight gain is normal in pregnancy period.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
Wish her for good health and successful motherhood.

Dr Soumen