Pregnant. Started spotting, pain in ribs. Ultrasound normal. Could this be UTI?

Last week, at 9 weeks pregnant, I had a sharp pain in my ribs, followed the next day by light spotting. I had an ultrasound and it showed everything good for dates and with a heartbeat. The same thing has happened this week at 10 weeks pregnant. Do I need to see a GP or midwife? Could it be a UTi or another infection?
Posted Sat, 4 May 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 22 minutes later
Welcome to healthcare magic!
The first trimester is very risky time of pregnancy particularly when you are having problems like pain and spotting.
The pain can be a feature of UTI but bleeding is not.
It would be worthwhile that you get a physican examination and assessment with a local Gynecologist and have a regular follow up with her.
There is no scope of getting assessed or treated with a midwife or a General practioner in your case.
I hope you would get benefited with my advise.
Wish you a good health.