Pregnant. Started spotting followed by bleeding. No cramps but feeling dizzy. Have I miscarried it?

I am in the 5th week of pregnancy. I started spotting on the 10thJuly 2013 but on the 13th and 14 th July I started bleeding red.It was like having my normal period. Today, the 15th of July,bleeding has reduced.I did not experience any abdominal cramps, but was feeling dizzy for the last few days. My Gynae is out of India and not able to contact him.I am worried if I my pregnancy has resulted in a miscarriage.My blood pressure has been quite normal. I am worried.
Posted Sun, 4 Aug 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 16 minutes later
The bleeding in the early pregnancy like you are having can be due to an early miscarriage or an ectopic pregnancy or a threatened abortion.
In this situation, you should get blood test for beta-HCG along with Trans Vaginal Sonography (TVS scan) to get detailed picture.

Till then strict bed rest is required. You can get beta Hcg levels done and repeat them after 72 hrs , if they are decreasing means it is a case of missed abortion and if increasing means it is going to show positive results on scan.
You also need progesterone supplements like susten and pause. Adding inj HCG 5000 IU bi-weekly under your doctor's guidance and prescription will also help. Do not forget to take folic acid supplements. I hope you have got your other investigations done like thyroid profile , torch test etc.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.