Pregnant. Started spotting. Ultrasound done. Are the findings normal. Worrisome

I am 8 weeks 3 days pregnant. I have been spotting on n off since 6 weeks. 8 weeks onwards having slight bleeding ( brown and red). Ultrasound detects feotus 1.6 cm with 178 BPM and a small subchronic haemorrhage. My hcg levels are increasing but not doubling. 0000 to 0000 in 96 hours. Need suggestion.
Posted Wed, 6 Mar 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 10 minutes later
Your pregnancy is still in the early stages and bleeding is common in early pregnancy. But its definitely cause for concern unless you have a viable pregnancy.As you have said,your hcg levels are not increasing adequately.The rise should ideally be higher.
Now in since you have been bleeding since several days, its important that the pregnancy be monitored closely at least until the pregnancy is viable. Your fetus should have a heart beat by 8 weeks,if not then its possible that the pregnancy isnt viable. You havent mentioned that point in your history. I suggest that if the ultrasound doesnt show a heart beat by 8-9 weeks then its possible that this pregnancy may be deemed unviable. It may need to be terminated if its that.