Pregnant. Started getting sharp pain on temple area. How to get relief?

My wife is about 8 months pregnant and has been having the most horrific sharp pain on her left temple the last few days - Is there anything I can do to help?
Posted Fri, 8 Mar 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 1 hour later
Hi, and thanks for trusting XXXXXXX
I would suggest she gets an urgent abdominal ultrasound done to ensure the integrity of the abdominal organs and exclude any surgical emergency on pregnancy. This is an exam that is non invasive, rapid and very informative. Comcording these results with those of the physical examination by her Gynecologist shall be key aspects in drawing an appropriate diagnosis and establishing a good and safe management plan.
I would suggest you take her to her gynecologist for a rapid physical examination and obstetric ultrasound.
Thanks and best regards.
Will be honored answering further questions if need be ,
Luchuo , MD.