Pregnant. Started bleeding after taking 200mg of utrogestan and 81mg of asprin. Chances of miscarriage?

May 2013

I'm 5 weeks pregnant. My docter told me to take 200mg of Utrogestan and 81mg of Asprin daily. I've taken it for 6 days and started bleeding heavily yesterday. Is it possible for the Utrogestan to cause a miscarriage?
Posted Tue, 14 Aug 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 22 minutes later

Utrogestan which is a progesterone helps in maintenance of pregnancy and also in preventing miscarriages,
and normally it will not cause miscarriage,

aspirin which is used to prevent preterm labor usually, is shown to cause miscarriage when used in early weeks but only in few studies and the issue is debatable.
so your drugs may not be related to your bleeding,
the others causes of bleeding in early weeks are,
- gestational sac while getting embedded in uterus wall can damage some blood vessels leading to spotting,
-some women may have bleeding on expected day of periods even in pregnancy,
-increased blood supply to local organs can cause spotting even on mild friction.
-presence of subchorionic hematoma,
-as in process of miscarriage etc,

so as you are having heavy bleeding better to consult your doctor immediately to find out the cause and to take measures to prevent miscarriage.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.