Pregnant. Started bleeding. Test showed enlarged yolk sac. Is there any complication?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Question
hi doctor i am 5wks 5 dys pregnant i started spotting 2dys ago i went for a check up the doctor said he is not seeing any cardiac activity CRL 0.20CM SINGLE INTRAUTERINE GESTATION NOTED WITH ENLARGED YOLK SAC please can u break that down for me my doctor just told me my baby died
Posted Mon, 6 May 2013 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later
Usually by around 6 weeks gestational age, fetal cardiac activity can be seen in trans-vaginal ultrasound.
As you are having enlarged yolk sac with prior history of spotting and with no cardiac activity, your doctor might have concluded that the fetus is dead.
If your spotting stopped and if you are not having any pain, you can wait for 4 to 5 days and go for repeat scan, as sometimes ultrasound may not pickup heartbeat in very early pregnancy.
If that scan also confirms the demise of fetus you have to go for termination of pregnancy.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: Pregnant. Started bleeding. Test showed enlarged yolk sac. Is there any complication? 5 hours later
my sister 's jaw locked up on her about 4 times in 2yrs doctors use pills which make her feel sick and only the doctor who used his hand to put it in place mananged to fix it however it happened again can u tell me if natural foods can fix it a certain diet etc and what is causing the jaw to lock .thank you

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 8 hours later
Possibly this link can help you:
WWW.WWWW.WW Better to ask either ENT surgeon or dentist regarding this.
I think they can answer better to this question.
Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.