Pregnant. Small amount of blood in urine, no pain. Should be worried?

Infertility Specialist
I'm 20 weeks pregnant with my 3rd pregnancy and when I urinate there is a very very small amounts of blood on the tissue but I'm not getting any pains or other symptoms and still feeling movement
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 47 minutes later
Hi Lspell,

The spotting what you are feeling is common in some women during pregnancy. But it will be safer if you can get an ultrasound to localise the position of your placenta and distance of placenta from XXXXXXX os. Just to make sure placenta is not completely covering XXXXXXX os. Hope fully spotting might automatically stop in a week time. Please avoid having sex for next one week. The sexual trauma also might cause spotting.

Let me know if I can assist you further.