Pregnant. Scan showed dilated yolk sac. Do this indicate the possibility of the miscarriage?

May 2013
i am 7 weeks 2 days pregnant i have a history of miscarriages i have conceived natureally my re said that at 6 weeks 6 days he was worried because the yolk sac appeared dilated and was leaning towards a miscarriage a heart beat was noted but not flickering. I didn't ask what the measurements were. I do not really feel pregnant I am not bleeding I go back Friday to see whats going on.I am sorry the heartbeat was flickering but not measured so I do not know what the heartbeat is
Posted Tue, 26 Feb 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 39 minutes later

Sometimes dilated yolk-sac can indicate the possibility of the miscarriage.
But in some cases pregnancy can continue in-spite of dilated yolk-sac.
Bleeding may not be seen immediately after miscarriage. It may take around one week for occurrence of bleeding after miscarriage.
And sometimes even after spotting pregnancy will continue.
So, still there is some possibility for continuation of the pregnancy. When you go for your re-checkup your doctor may check the measurements of the sac, crown-rump length of the fetus, heart rate etc. Possibly these will give an insight towards the progress of the pregnancy.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.