Pregnant. Scan report showed he Placenta: left wall. Its interior limit extends down and does not span across it. Meaning?

Hello Doctor,

My wife had her first trimester USG scan yesterday. I am attaching the report along with this query.

Basically I want to understand the meaning of this sentence - "The Placenta: left wall. Its interior limit extends down to the XXXXXXX os but does not span across it"

Can you please clarify?

Posted Sun, 2 Jun 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 2 hours later
I have gone through usg report.
It is quite common to have placenta upto XXXXXXX os in early pregnancy & as pregnancy advances it goes upwards.
If your wife is asymptomatic means having no bleeding vaginally or pain, you should get relaxed & get a repeat scan done at 20 weeks.

I hope your query has been answered.I will be available for your further queries.