Pregnant. Scan report showed BPD 75 mm corresponding with to 30 weeks 3days. What does this indicate?

My wife is present for 31 weeks 2days. She is 41 years.
having BP 136/90.

the foteal measument is as under.

BPD 75 mm corresponding with to 30 weeks 3days
Fl. 55 mm. corresponding to 28 weeks 5days
AC 260 mm corresponding 30 weeks 1day
HC 280 mm corresponding 30 weeks 2 days.

no obvious congenital anomalies detected.
kindly advise will there be any problems of the baby as growth is slightly less.

Kindly inform if she can drinks horlicks or other of similar products.

She is also suffering from dysentery.

kindly inform we may go ahead for the baby in 35th weeks
Posted Sat, 13 Jul 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 17 hours later
Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX

The growth of the baby seems normal. One week +/- is acceptable when reading the ultrasound report. The report is very re-assuring. The blood pressure is also normal. We do need to correlate it with the clinical situation.

You may repeat the ultrasound to check for the progression of growth.

She can take whatever she feels like eating. Stay away from unnecessary medication. She can include nutritional supplements in her diet if she is not gaining enough weight. Multivitamins, folic acid, calcium supplements can be taken. It is time that she includes high calorie food in her diet. The high calorie food can include ghee, sweets, cookies, etc.

As far as dysentery is concerned, she needs to be tested for the cause. She needs to take hygienic home-cooked food and clean drinking water from a reliable source. The water filtered from reverse osmosis technique is the cleanest. She should also take high fiber diet including fruits, vegetables, whole grains, etc.

Going for the baby at 35th week is not advisable unless there is a threat to mother or baby's survival with continued pregnancy.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Vaishalee
Follow-up: Pregnant. Scan report showed BPD 75 mm corresponding with to 30 weeks 3days. What does this indicate? 8 hours later
Thanks mam for the information you have provided and for your valuable advice.
I will send my queries if required.

thanks and regards, XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 12 hours later

Thanks for consulting me.
You can post a follow-up whenever you require.

Dr Vaishalee