Pregnant. Prescribed with fertigyn, naturogest and loprin. Suggest the dosage?

Question
I AM 9 WEEK PREGNANT AS PER MY LMP BUT AS PER MY ULTRASOUND REPORT IT CAME OUT TO BE 6 DAYS 4 WEEKS PREGNANCY WITH NO CARDIAC ACTIVITY. THOUGH SINCE BEGINNING OF MY PREGNANCY I HAD BEEN GIVEN FERTIGYN 5000 WEEKLY. BESIDES NATUROGEST AND LOPRIN HAS ALSO BEEN RECOMMENDED. I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN REGULAR WITH MY INJECTION AND MEDICINES. NOW IN THE PRESENT SCENARIO I AM TOO CONFUSED ABOUT MY FURTHER COURSE OF ACTION. PLEASE SUGGEST ME WHAT TO DO
Posted Sun, 1 Sep 2013 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Deepti Goyal 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
MEDICAL TERMINATION OF PREGNANCY

Detailed Answer:
Hi DRMALLIKATRIPATHI,

Thanks for asking on XXXXXXX

I would like to know your menstrual history, frequency and duration of cycles.

If your cycles were regular 28 days cycles, then it seems to be a missed abortion and in that situation you should consult your gynecologist for medical termination of pregnancy.

If your cycles were prolonged or you are not sure of dates, then you can wait for a week to get the benefit of doubt.

Good Luck
Hope this information is helpful and informative to you.
If you had any further queries you can directly reach out to me on the following URL:
WWW.WWWW.WW

Follow-up: Pregnant. Prescribed with fertigyn, naturogest and loprin. Suggest the dosage? 2 hours later
DEAR DR. XXXXXXX

THANKS FOR YOUR QUICK RESPONSE. I WISH TO INFORM YOU THAT MY CYCLES HAS NOT BEEN VERY REGULAR BUT MY LMP HAD BEEN QUITE ACCURATE I.E. 9TH XXXXXXX 2013. AS FAR AS MY GYNE IS CONCERNED I'VE ALREADY CONTACTED HER. SHE HAS ADVISED ME TO REPEAT THE ULTRASOUND AFTER 15 DAYS. DO YOU SEE ANY HOPE IN THIS CASE? BESIDES I DON'T WANT TO OPT FOR D&C.WHAT ARE OTHER SAFE OPTIONS FOR ME AND WILL IT AFFECT MY FURTHER PREGNANCY TOO?
THANKS

Answered by Dr. Deepti Goyal 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
WAIT & OPT FOR TABLETS FOR ABORTION

Detailed Answer:
I will suggest you to go with the advice of your doctor as although, there are less chances of viable pregnancy in this case, there is always a hope in case of irregular cycles because of conception in later days of the cycle.

If you don't want D & C, then you can opt for medicines which are given orally or vaginally. Their success rate is also very good and they don't affect your future conception also.

Good luck.

Follow-up: Pregnant. Prescribed with fertigyn, naturogest and loprin. Suggest the dosage? 21 minutes later
Is there any probability that the prescribed injection or medicines might have affected the fetus in the womb? or what can be the possible reasons for such outcome? anyways I had Fertigyn 5000 [injection], naturogest 200 mg, Loprin 75 mg, iron folic and calmag tabs during these days.

Besides when can I plan my next pregnancy?

Thanks

Answered by Dr. Deepti Goyal 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No adverse effect

Detailed Answer:
Drugs which you were prescribed were for betterment of pregnancy and they are not known to cause such complications.

The most probable reason for such outcome is genetic defects which occur at the time of formation of fetus. If you want to be sure of the cause, you can send the conceptus for examiation to some good histopathology lab.

Although, you can plan your pregnancy any time after the procedure, its better to wait to for 2-3 months to build up the losses of body during this procedure.