Pregnant. Prescribed reflora for loose motion. Is this medicine safe?

I am 37 days pregnant and has now got loose motions. My gynaecologist has given reflora r. I wanted to ask is it safe to take during pregnancy.
Posted Sat, 11 May 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
It is always good to take oral rehydration solution along with REFLOR R because you loose so much electrolytes in your diarrhoea.
One must stay away from fruit juices as they can make diarrhoea  worse and also one should avoid tea and soft drinks as they contain caffeine in them which can cause dehydration.
REFLORA R is combination of lactobacillus ( probiotic ) and RACECADROTIL which is a anti diarrhoeal drug having anti secretory effect.It reduces the secretion of water and electrolytes into the intestines.
This combination is the safest to be used in pregnancy along with oral intake of oral rehydration solution.
You may use this drug without any fear.
I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Follow-up: Pregnant. Prescribed reflora for loose motion. Is this medicine safe? 17 hours later
My doctor has only given her Reflora R, no other medicine is given. She is having mild stomach pain after getting fresh & she has mild fever. I wanted to ask whether it is normal to have Diarrhea during early pregnancy or should I do something.
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 3 hours later
There is nothing to worry.Therevis no need for Any medicine to be given.
You only have to take care of oral rehydration and take REFLORA R.
Since stomach ache and mild fever are common with any gut infection.
Generally most of the food poisoning is viral in nature,and so no medication is required.