Pregnant. Prescribed folic acid and susten. Suffer vomiting. Continue medications?

Feb 2013

i have consulted dr 5th week pragnacy she prescribed folic aid and susten 100 tablets today i have taken after breakfast but it got vomited so should i need to take one again those two tablets?
Posted Thu, 11 Jul 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 2 hours later

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

If you have vomited immediately after taking those tablets, you need to take those two tablets again.

But if there is a gap between the intake of two tablets and vomitings like at least half an hour, and if there are no tablets in the vomitus, no need to take the tablets again.

And continue the medication as per the doctor advise.

Take good, balanced, and nutritious diet, take adequate rest, and follow your doctor instructions for a safe pregnancy.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.