Pregnant. Prescribed emeset and doxinate for nausea and vomiting. Are these medicine safe?

Jun 2015

I am 13 weeks pregnant and my doc has prescribed me Emeset 4 in the morn and Doxinate in the night for Nausea/vomiting. Is Emeset 4 safe for pregnant women? Is it not primarily prescibed for Nausea/Vomit due to chempo and post operational nausea? Has there been any study on its effect on pregnant women and fetus? Please help asap.
Posted Tue, 12 Mar 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 45 minutes later

Emeset 4 contains Ondansetron, an anti emetic preparation.
Though it is a medication used for the treatment of nausea and vomiting caused by cancer chemotherapy, it is also being prescribed for the management of nausea and vomiting of pregnancy.

And studies have been conducted to determine the safety of ondansetron for nausea and vomiting of pregnancy, in which it has been concluded that this drug does not appear to be associated with any adverse effect on pregnant women or with any increased risk for major malformations in the fetus.

So...please continue the medications as advised by your Doctor.
Wishing you a Good Health. Let me know if I need to clarify further.
Thanks & take care.