Pregnant. Prescribed Natalcare. Another doctor prescribed Aspimed and Folicum. Safe during pregnancy? Which vitamin is better?

I aborted one and a half year before and now i am pregnant in 1 month. I went for 2 doctors to check. First Doc prescribed Natalcare (contain many vitamins) only. The second Doc prescribed Aspimed 75 mg, Folicum 5mg, and duphaston 10 mg. I would like to know if using Aspimed save during pregnancy? and which vitamin is better Natalcare or Folicum or any other advised one?

Thank You

Posted Sun, 7 Jul 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 28 days later
This is your early pregnancy with a history of abortion. It would be best to take Folicum 5mg ( Folic acid- to prevent neural tube defects in the baby), Aspimed- A low dose aspirin to improve the placental circulation so that the baby can grow well and Duphaston 10mg- progesterone preparation to support the placental function.
All these medicines can be taken safely during the first trimester of pregnancy and decrease the chances of early pregnancy loss.
The prenatal vitamins- Natalcare are usually given after 12 weeks of gestation.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.