Pregnant. Placenta is posterior and lower edge reaching the internal OS. Should I be worried?

I am 13 weeks pregnant and my placenta is posterior and lower edge reaching the XXXXXXX OS.
I have vaginal spotting, Doctor has suggested bed-rest for me.
Is this cause for any worry ? Do you suggest any other pre-cautions?

Posted Sat, 22 Dec 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 41 minutes later
Low lying placenta is often seen in early pregnancy. Ninety seven percent times it moves up. Till it moves up do not lift heavy weight, avoid travelling on bumpy road, avoid intercourse and wear flat slippers. It is a course of concern till it moves up and bleeding subsides.

Best wishes