Pregnant. Passed some peach coloured tissue. No bleeding or spotting. What could it be?

I am 13 weeks pregnant. I passed some peach colored tissue. It was pink in the center and there was stringy orange-peach colored stuff around the pink solid center. I have had no bleeding, spotting, cramping or pain at all. What is this?
Posted Fri, 12 Apr 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 35 minutes later

Passing of tissue during early pregnancy is very common. The outcome of a normal child who do not abort is excellent. If there is no cramping, then the chances are 50-75% that the pregnancy will continue successfully.

It is very difficult to guess it by the appearance of the tissue. Save any tissue that you have passed out. The doctor may perform further tests on it.
It can be a blood clot, endometrial tissue, a decidual cast from a previous pregnancy, an abortion, etc.

I will suggest that you observe for signs of pregnancy. Also get a prescription for USG to check about the pregnancy status. Get a dose of rhogam if you are rh-negative. Although I will note here that all pregnancies are different.

I hope I addressed your concerns. Let me know if you have any doubts.

Dr Vaishalee Punj