Pregnant. Pain in right buttock after taking susten injection. Recommend a remedy.

Mar 2013
Hello, I am 6 weeks pregnant. Yesterday the nurse gave me a susten injection after the doctor's prescription. 3 hours later I developed serious pain in the right buttock (radius 20 cms), which made it difficult to walk. Today I still cannot walk properly, I suffer from pain in my sleep. (I also have a UTI currently, which gave me 38+ degree fever yesterday, but it dropped after I took 500 mg Paracetamol.) For the pain in my buttock, I tried ice packs, warm showers and compresses, but nothing helped. Please recommend a remedy.
Posted Tue, 5 Nov 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
An injection normally should not cause this amount of pain and discomfort.
You could have had a nerve injury, or maybe the beginning of an injection abscess.
You have already done the routine, warm compresses and ice packs.
Right now you cuold use an oral painkiller if the pain is immense ( Brufen for example ) and locally applied Thrombophobe Gel.
Do not take more than one or two tablets of the painkillers however.
If the pain is not relieved by tomorrow, please revisit the hospital, as abscess / nerve injury needs to be ruled out.
Please avoid taking Susten injectinos as you are already taking enough progesterone via susten capsules and duphaston.
Follow-up: Pregnant. Pain in right buttock after taking susten injection. Recommend a remedy. 29 minutes later
Thank you Dr XXXXXXX I made an ultrasound yesterday, fetal age 6 weeks, heart beat 119. Doctor said that it is a bit low, she would like to see above 120. But I read that 110-130 between 6-8 weeks is normal. Can you advise?
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 57 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Hello again.
Good to hear from you !
At 6 weeks, the normal heart beat can range from 103 - 126, so yes do not worry, your baby's heart beat is quite alright.
Congratulations on this wonderful pregnancy, and do not worry about the heart beat at all.