Pregnant. Numbness in head and lip with twitching eye. Are these pregnancy related?

Left eye twitching for almost two months. Just in the past week I have woke up with the right side of my head numb and once with my bottom lip numb. I'm also four months pregnant can this be pregnancy related or something else???
Posted Sun, 10 Feb 2013 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 1 hour later

I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress.

Important aspects of your query are:
•     27 year old female
•     Pregnant for 4 months
•     Complaints of: Left eye twitching for 2 months, numbness in rt side of head and bottom lip.

I would like to consider multiple possibilities for these complaints in following hierarchy:
•     Anemia or Vitamin deficiency
•     Thyroid related problem
•     Poor sleep, Stress and Anxiety
•     Side effect of substance use: If present
•     Combination of above problems

Following steps will help you:
-Get your hemoglobin level. Take fruits and milk in diet. Multivitamins will also help.
-Get thyroid function test done
-Stop substance use (if present)
-Take adequate sleep, avoid stress and follow steps of sleep hygiene.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.

Wish you good health.