Pregnant. Noticed small brown spot on eyelid which looks like freckles and doesn't hurt. Suggest?

I just noticed a small brown spot on my eyelid it kind of looks like a freckle its not elevated nor does it hurt, I am 33 weeks pregnant
Posted Sat, 26 Oct 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Mole of lower of eyelid common during pregnancy

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Health Care Magic

The photograph which you have sent along with the history is showing a dark pigmented lesion over the lower eye lid.
The hormone changes which occur during pregnancy is known to cause many changes in the skin. The common pigmented lesions seen involving the eyelids include mole, nevus,melasma, angiodermatitis... Most of these conditions undergo spontaneous resolution after pregnancy and rarely require treatment.

The photography which you have sent is showing a small mole or nevus involving the lower eye lid. No need to worry it will decrease. You need to worry if it increases in size, presents with pain and tenderness.

Hope I have answered your query.

Thank you