Pregnant. Noticed red, painful rashes on roof of mouth. Should I be concerned?

hi im 6 weeks pregnant & i have a rash on the roof of my mouth which is a bit painful. its red and blotchy kind of. am i going to be ok? what is it?
Posted Sun, 2 Dec 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 4 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX

I think it might be mouth sore caused by irritation, another illness like fever, stress, Lack of certain vitamins and minerals in the diet, including vitamin B12 or folate.

I advice you to avoid hot beverages and foods, spicy and salty foods, and citrus. Gargle with salt water or cool water. It should help.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. As you are pregnant i advice you to see doctor for examination and for exact diagnosis. I sincerely hope that helps.

Hope I have provided the information you needed.
Wish you good health. Take care.
Follow-up: Pregnant. Noticed red, painful rashes on roof of mouth. Should I be concerned? 19 minutes later
I have been to the chemist & the pharmasist had a look and has given me something for oral thrush. he thinks my body is very run down. Am i in danger of losing my baby?
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 55 minutes later
Good to hear from you.

It is better if you see physician rather than chemist for exact diagnosis. It is difficult to predict without examination and after proper examination the doctor will be in good position for next best step and i advice you not to take any medication without consulting doctor during your pregnancy.

From the information provided by you i dont think your baby is in any kind of danger but still i advice you to see physician.

Hope i have cleared your queries. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.
Wish you good health.