Pregnant. Noticed floaters in urine and brown mucus in stool. Is this normal?

I am 4 and a half weeks pregnant today I have noticed floaters in my urine and a brown mucus on the toilet paper is this normal??
Posted Tue, 24 Jul 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 1 hour later

Thanks for writing to us

No its not normal , brown discharge means bleeding and it can be a threatened abortion or missed abortion.

Be sure that the discharge was from vagina not in the urine

Floaters can be due to mucous or albumin in urine.

Get your urine sample examined in the lab.

Get an ultrasound done to see the sac and yolk sac or endometrial thickness

As it is very early so sometimes you can not make out on scan and you have to undergo the blood hCG levels , they should get doubled within 72 hrs , should not decline

Do not take stress , just relax , take rest , the abortion can be avoided by taking rest.

Best wishes

Any further query is most welcome