Pregnant. Not able to feel baby movement after taking fish oil capsules. What should I do?

HI Doctor,
Iam pregnant and right now iam in the fifth month of my pregnancy.(19 weeks)
iam able to feel baby movements from 2 weeks onwards. I heard that fish oil capsules are good for the development of baby. So without doctors advise i took a pill 1 day back. From that time onwards iam not feeling movement of my baby. Iam very much worried if my baby is alive or not. Can i use fish oil capsules now or should i stop? Please let me know what needs to be done. Please suggest me whats good and whats not during pregnancy.
Can i also do exercise now?
Please help me
Posted Wed, 14 Nov 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 8 hours later
Hello, I would be happy to help you with your question today.

It is normal to not feel any regular movement of the baby at 19 weeks. In fact, on average, many women don't feel anything until about 20 weeks. It might make you feel better to go in to your doctor to hear the heart beat for added reassurance.

Continue with the fish oil capsules. They are not harmful and may provide some benefit as far as fetal development.

You need to eat a balanced diet during pregnancy, take a prenatal vitamin, and avoid alcohol, drugs and prescription medications (unless approved by your doctor).

Exercise during pregnancy is okay. Keep it simple - low-impact aerobic activity and target heart rate under 150. Talk with your doctor about this as I do not know your complete medical history.

I hope this helps and good luck! Please take a moment to leave feedback!