Pregnant. Medication for pregnancy termination?

Hi. This is regarding my GF who is pregnant....
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in Abortion and Stillbirth
Follow-up: Pregnant. Medication for pregnancy termination? 9 minutes later
Hi.. This is regarding my girl friend who is pregnant at the moment.
We had a intercourse around 1 and half month back. Exact date: 3rd August 2011..
Her periods date was on Aug 5th and Sept 5th..
So, this surely indicates that she's pregnant..
My question is what is the exact way to avoid pregnancy now?
To be more precise, I want to know if there is a way in which the pregnancy can be avoided by taking any pills.
Totally its 1 month and 22 days since I had inter-coursed with my GF.
So, could you please let me know what has to be done.
I would really appreciate any help from your side..
Please let me know the name of the medicine which has to be taken..

Waiting for your reply,

Thank you,
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 5 hours later
Hello and thanks for the query.

You state that you believe your girlfriend is pregnant right now with the pregnancy roughly 1.5 months in length. I must tell you that before you consider termination of the pregnancy you must confirm that she is in fact pregnant with a pregnancy test which you can get from the doctor or pharmacist.

If you both have decided to end the pregnancy there are several medications which are available at the pharmacy for this. I recommend that you take this medication only under the supervision of the doctor who can monitor for side effects as well as for the appropriate termination of the pregnancy.

Also I highly recommend that if you end the pregnancy you should do it before she reaches 8 weeks of pregnancy.

I thank you again for the query and hope you found my response to be helpful and informative. If you have any additional concerns I would be happy to address them.

Dr. Galamaga