Pregnant. Is it safe to take richar xt and lycogold daily?

Dear Sir,

My wife is conceived and its 6th month running. She had been told to take Richar XT (0-0-1) and LycoGold (0-1-0) tablets daily. Can you let us know there is any side affects for these medicines ?

Regards, XXXXXXX
Posted Sat, 2 Mar 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 7 hours later
During pregnancy as fetus keeps on growing, maternal Hb & calcium level start decreasing.To maintain hemoglobin level & calcium level, most of the gynecologist prescribe Iron & calcium tablets since 14 weeks onwards.
As your wife is having 6 months pregnancy, she must take iron & calcium tablets.
Richar-xt(iron) & Lycogold(calcium, anti-oxidant & micronutrients) are safe for the baby.
However mother can have some side-effects like nausea, constipation or sometimes loose motions also.
I hope your query has been answered. I will be available for your further queries.
Dr. Monika Choudhary