Pregnant. Is it safe to take prednisolone tablets and inject proluton depot 250 mg?

Hi I have been through icsi in the uk . I am 40 years old first ever pregnancy, Fortunately it's looking like twins . I went for a scan out here in Cyprus at 6 weeks , it was a very nice doctor . She has recommended that I increase from 4 to 6 a day XXXXXX prednisolone tablets . And strongly recommended that I inject proluton depot 250 mg ampullen . I'm allready injecting daily cleaner 0.4 ml . I have a friend who's had a successfull pregnancy with twins who took these injections , after previously having a miss carriage . I have been through IVF three times previously and been unsuccesfull . So as u can imagine I'm weary . Although cant afford any miss happs . Do u think it is advisable ?
Posted Fri, 12 Oct 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 49 minutes later
As you have gone through ICSI for conception & there is more percentage of first trimester pregnancy loss in your case as compared to natural conception.
Some causes are explained like immunological reactions, progesterone deficiency & some are unexplained.
You have been given prednisolone & clexane to suppress immunological reaction & proluton to increase progesterone level in body & to support pregnancy.
Their role is not proven till now, but practically they are helpful.
So have proper rest & continue medications as prescribed by your doctor.
I pray for your best.
I hope your query has been answered. I will be happy to solve your further queries.

Dr.Monika Choudhary