Pregnant. Is it safe to take RU 486 for abortion?

May 2013
Hello sir, I am pregnant by 3 weeks...I want to abort it. is it safe if i take RU 486 at home with out visiting clinic. Are these tablets available on clinic and where I can get it in Mumbai. Please name some of the clinic. I don't want to be pregnant now. I need 2 more years as i am pursuing my MBA.
Posted Thu, 9 May 2013 in Abortion and Stillbirth
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 9 minutes later
You should not take tablets for abortion without consulting the gynecologist.
You better consult your nearby gynecologist and get examined.
You also need one ultrasound to confirm the pregnancy, to estimate the gestational age and to rule out ectopic pregnancy.
After that with your doctor's advice you can take the pills.
Usually the tablets will be available in the attached pharmacy to the clinic.
Try to use some regular method contraception to avoid these problems in future.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.