Pregnant. Is it necessary to go for tiffa scan?

Regardiing Tiffa Scan , My wife is pregnant right now she is in 7 month, we have done scanning in 2,3 & 5 month scans, doctor said every thing is good in the last month scan. She went for delivery in her home town(Andhra pradesh). Doctor suggesting please do Tiffa scan in 7th month. Is there any inherent reason to do again now.
Posted Sun, 9 Dec 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 19 minutes later
Welcome and thanks for the query
Tiffa scan is done to visualise the congenital anomalies in fetus.I don't think there is any need of this scan if previous scans are normal as the anomalies are detected in second trimester with the help of this scan and other tests like triple and quadruple markers.Regular ultrasound can be done at 8th month to see the BPD , femur length for the growth of the fetus and to see the placental location and the amount of liquor.

Best wishes
Any further query is most welcome